Frequently Asked Questions:

How do I register on TownSq?

To register you can either follow the prompts in the TownSq email invitation you may have received or you can go to and click “Member Login” in the top right corner. This will take you to the new TownSq login page.  

  • Click “Need to register?” at the lower right-hand side under the login bar.  
  • The next page will ask for your account number and zip code. Enter the last seven digits of your account number, ignoring any preceding zeros and all dashes. For example, an account number of 00123-0560 would be entered as 1230560.  
  • The system will display two choices, “Don’t have an account?” and “Do you have a TownSq account?”, choose the “Don’t have an account?” Sign Up button.  
  • From there you will be prompted to set your password and other setting options. The whole process shouldn’t take more than a few minutes. 

If you are having difficulties logging in to TownSq, please contact TownSq for support: or 1.844.281.1728 

How do I download the TownSq app?  

TownSq is available for download on iOS and Android devices. Please follow the steps below to download the TownSq app on your Android:  

  1. Open the Google Play Store (Android) or the iTunes store (iOS) 
  2. Search or browse for “TownSq”  
  3. Select the TownSq icon 
  4. Tap Install 
  5. Follow the onscreen instructions to complete 

How do I make a payment?  

From the web:  

  1. Visit 
  2. Click member login 
  3. Login to TownSq 
  4. From the top of your home page feed, select the account that you would like to apply a payment. 
  5. Click “make a payment” to choose from a menu of options including pay your open balance, set up a recurring payment or make a one-time custom payment.  

From the TownSq app: 

  1. From the top of the mobile feed, choose the account that you would like to apply a payment. 
  2. Click “make a payment” to choose from a menu of options including pay your open balance, set up a recurring payment or make a one-time custom payment.  

For payment questions, email 

Where do I find documents and forms? 

Down the left side of your TownSq screen you will see many tab choices. Documents and forms will be under the Documents tab. Once there you can choose from the categories just inside on the left to narrow your search. Some forms and documents may be under multiple categories to make your search easier. 

Whom do I contact for billing issues?  

If you have questions on your statement or about your bill, please contact your account manager at Texas Star Community Management at: 

Please include your property address and your account manager will reply within 24 business hours. 

How do I update my name, email and billing address?  

If you need to update your name, email or mailing address please send it to your account manager at Texas Star Community Management in writing. It may be sent by email (see "Contacts" on the portal or Stillwater Canyon webpage) or US postal service. 

Do I incur fees when I pay my HOA assessment on TownSq?  

There are several options for payment: 

  1. You may mail a check at no additional cost. Send payments to: P.O. Box 660832 Dallas, Texas 75266-0832  
  2. You may set up a direct debit with no additional cost. Please contact your account manager at Texas Star Community Management to submit the appropriate paperwork. Submit to: 
  3. You may pay by Echeck for a convenience fee of $2.95. 
  4. You may pay by Credit/Debit Card for a convenience fee of $7.95. 


Question: I want to paint my front door or make other changes to my property, but a neighbor told me it has to be approved by the Architectural Control Committee (ACC) first. Is this true?

Answer: Yes, that is correct. In the Stillwater Canyon Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions (CC&R), homeowners are required to submit an application to the ACC for any modifications to the exterior of your home. This includes house color changes, major landscaping changes, fence staining/ painting and installations, basketball goals, lighting, anything that would change the appearance of your home's exterior. Once your application is received with the required information, the ACC has 30 days to provide a decision. You may print a copy of the ACC application along with completion instructions from either this website’s home page or the Stillwater Canyon portal. 

Question: I received an approval of my application from the Architectural Control Committee (ACC) to paint the exterior of my house. Health issues have put my project on hold. Is there an expiration date on the ACC approval?

Answer: Yes, there is an expiration date, but you can request an extension. If your project won’t start in the time frame on your application, just notify the management company or the Board of Directors (see “Contacts” on the home page) to inform them of the delay. It would also be a good idea to keep a copy of the approval letter in a safe place. When you are ready to start the project, inform the Management Company of your new start date and scheduled completion date along with a copy of the ACC approval for your project.


Question:  What is the purpose of Stillwater Canyon's homeowner's association?

Answer: The major purpose of the association is to protect the investment our members have in their property and to maintain and enhance the value of the HOA’s common property which is owned by all of its members. An HOA provides people with shared neighborhood values an opportunity to enforce regulations, consistent with overarching statutory constraints, to achieve a community representing such values. Stillwater Canyon's association also aims to enhance the safety and security of its members through crime prevention programs, provide social events to help residents get to know their neighbors, and to organize community projects.

Question:  What are my annual HOA dues used for?

Answer: Annual budgets are developed at the end of each year, presented to association members, and managed throughout the year. Typical expense categories include:

  • common area maintenance & repair  
  • management and administration  
  • utilities  
  • taxes/insurance/holiday decorations/community activities  

Question:  What does the HOA Board of Directors do? 

Answer: The Board is legally responsible and accountable for enforcing the declaration (CC&Rs) and bylaws of the Association. The Board:

  • Ensures that landscaping and structures in our common area property are maintained, 
  • Addresses infractions of the association’s rules by homeowner members, 
  • Pays the Associations taxes and assessments, 
  • Contracts for common area services, 
  • Manages the association’s budget, 
  • Addresses individual homeowner concerns and requests, 
  • Conducts the planning & organizing of community events. 

The board is assisted  by a professional property management company who maintains all association records, assists with property maintenance contracts, arranges for legal assistance when needed, performs routine property inspections and assists with planning and organizing community events.  Board members are elected each year by the Stillwater Canyon homeowners at the annual homeowners meeting. 

Question:  Can I attend a meeting of the Board of Directors?

Answer: Homeowners are always invited and encouraged to attend and are provided the opportunity to comment or ask questions during an allotted agenda segment. However, homeowners do not participate in the Board's remaining business agenda.

Question:  What are Stillwater Canyon's governing documents and where can I find them?

Answer: The governing documents are legal entities that define the Association and establish the requirements and responsibilities associated with managing as well as belonging to the HOA. All Stillwater Canyon HOA homeowners receive a copy of the Bylaws and the Covenants and Restrictions at closure. The governing documents include:

  • Articles of Incorporation - creates the association as a legal entity under state corporate statute; defines the board powers and responsibilities of the association and its membership; and, sets forth the process for creating the board of directors, voting system, etc. 
  • Bylaws - implements, in specific detail, the provisions of the Declaration and the Articles of Incorporation regarding the association operations, including delineation of the meeting process, election procedures, powers and duties, board meetings, committees, insurance requirements, rule-making and enforcement process 
  • Declaration of Covenants and Restrictions - the collection of covenants imposed on all property within the development and provides: 
    • For automatic association membership of all owners and the basis for voting rights 
    • The obligation of each owner to share in funding the cost of association operations 
    • Certain restrictions (architectural control and other rules) on the use of the property and the association’s enforcement powers 
    • Sets forth the power and authority of the association to own and maintain the common property and to make and enforce rules 
  • Subdivision Plat - describes the location and nature of the common property and the individual lots 
  • Policies - define the detailed process for certain key responsibilities, usually of the board, required to achieve consistent implementation of the subject actions. 

These documents as well as other governing documents are located on the Stillwater Canyon portal under the “Documents” tab. 


Question:  What do i do if I receive a violation letter from the management company? 

Answer: Hopefully all homeowners have pride in their homes and desire to protect the value of this major investment by keeping their property attractive and in accordance with the HOA’s governing policies and guidelines.  Violation notices are meant to be notifications of observations of non-compliance with these quality standards and a reminder to the homeowner to resolve the observed problem.  Our HOA management company sends homeowners notices when a property maintenance violation is observed. The first letter is a “Friendly Reminder” identifying the problem and requests the homeowner to take the action necessary to correct it within a specified timeline. If you receive a letter and do not understand why, have questions about the observed violation, or want to request more time to resolve the problem, contact the management company using the telephone number listed in the letter. If desired, you can request to meet with the HOA board to discuss the matter further. If the identified violation is clearly understood and not corrected, further letters will identify fines that will be assessed if the problem is not corrected. 

Question:  Can I dispute a fine, and what happens if I don't pay a fine that has been assessed?

Answer: No fines are imposed without prior Board approval. If, after understanding Stillwater Canyon's policy regarding enforcement and fining policy, you feel that a fine is unwarranted you may request a hearing with the Board of Directors to appeal your situation. However unless the board determines that a fine is unwarranted, you will be responsible for correcting the violation within the timeline and/or paying the fine as indicated in the letter. If the fine remains unpaid and the problem remains uncorrected within the time indicated in the letter, a Final Notice of Violation letter will be sent which specifies further legal actions to be taken which range from additional fines to property liens filed and recorded with Collin County Property Records.


Question:  I understand that our HOA needs volunteers.  What is needed and how can I help?

Answer: Volunteers are needed to assist with such things as:

If you are willing to help support your HOA or have interest in starting a new event or activity, contact a management company representative.